Monday, November 15, 2010

a post full of THANK YOU'S!!!!

So much has happened in such a short amount of time!! We feel SO blessed! On Sunday the NO Longer Orphan video was shared during church and the entire congregation prayed for us and this adoption, it was AMAZING! To each and every person who has helped us with thoughts, prayer, time spent, and financial support THANK YOU! Because of this combined effort we are just over ½ way to our goal of $16,000 dollars. Now with seven days to go friends, family and even stranger are working overtime to help come up the next $8,000. GOD IS AMAZING!!!! There are so many people who deserve thanks but I can’t blog about them all but I do want to mention a few.

Matt and Jill Ross- because of y’all we have had the courage to step out and start this journey and it has been worth every smile, every tear, all the joy and all the stress, all the long hours and in the end the precious moment of first holding S and R will be because of your on going love and Gods hands working together. Thank you for being faithful to the callings God has placed upon you and we are honored to not just now but forever to be part of No Longer Orphans and the support of bringing children to families. I have so much more to say, but y’all are a post of words all by yourself!

Ben Ross- Craig and I adore you. I have never met a boy your age who has such understanding and compassion. You have already made an impact in this world and I can’t wait to watch as God continues to use you. This young man, the son of Matt and Jill, spent this past summer raising a lamb for the fair and near the end of the summer before heading off to be judged on fitting and showing and market felt called to donate the sale of his lamb to Craig and I for the adoption! Tears still come to my eyes as I recall the GIANT smile across his face as he came to report to me that his lamb sold for $1,400 DOLLARS. But it is not because of this we love you so much….Your heart, with your actions puts most adults to shame. You stand on good values and grasp life with an unseen force that pours out of you. I’m honored to know you and watch you grow!

Scott and Lori Ackerman- They are examples of hard work and dedication to the Lord. Every Sunday we are met with a warm greeting, a hug and a hand shake. Always checking in on the adoption process and always excited to hear of the progress, they have no idea the impact they have made on Craig and I and I seem to lack the word to tell them, SO I want them to know that this simple set of words is overflowing with so much more than gratitude….THANK YOU! They are also the finical backing behind Ben and his little lamb Domino :)

Steve and Kelli Katke- From strangers to forever friends in just a year! Y’all have gone above and beyond and I’m so thankful God introduced us. Kelli, I love you and your friendship has been a huge support, I look forward to the day when we get to give as much back to y’all.

Heidi Hawley- You too will one day be in our shoes and I will be with you EVERY STEP OF THE WAY! I love you and know that I never have to cry alone or smile alone because God brought us together.

Lance and Robbi Warwick- YOU TWO ROCK!!! Always giving and never asking in return, just know that when the day arrives that you do ask for help you will have Craig and I there ready and waiting to be of service.

Jake- You have so much in store! Thank you for loving my kids and being a fabulous friend to Craig and I. You are always here to help when we ask and see the things we don’t ask for help with and pitch in on those things too.

Raylene- My mommy! I love you and have always been grateful for your unconditional support, ready and waiting with your magic mommy wand, and ability to see past my short comings and see my full potential as your daughter, a mother and a child of God. I know that you have sacrificed so much and I only hope that when my own children are grown they think as highly of me as I do you. I love you. P.S. Hope your waving that magic mommy wand lots extra right now!!!!!
 
Last, but not least Andrew Lawrence, my little brother, I look back at pictures of us and delight in the man you have become. I hope that I have in some small way influenced you for the better because you have definitely made an impact on me. You, along with our brothers taught me beyond a shadow of a doubt that blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood. Thank you for your support and amazing generosity even as you prepare to leave on a mission of your own. My prayer is that you might still be home to meet S and R before you depart. I love you, Chester, and Harry so very much and pray for that kind of love and devotion to grow between S, R, Madison, Mallory and Levi. My eyes see us as siblings, my heart knows us to be siblings, and I know that we were meant to be family.

Again, there are plenty of others who deserve thanks and we are grateful to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment