Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I love the things kids say.....

Tonight Mallory, Levi and I had dinner at my mom’s house. When Nana served Mallory her plate of chicken with a gravy sauce, green peas, mushrooms and wild rice, Mallory wanted to know “What kind of chicken is this?” My standard answer “The edible kind.” Mallory responded, “No, like is it the wing or the arm….?”
All I could do was laugh when Nana answered “An arm but I cut all the fingers off!”
The look on Mallory’s face was priceless, what kind of farm girl am I raising; we’ve had chickens on the farm for two years or more! We enjoyed the entertainment Malory provided during dinner. I was thankful to not have to cook tonight after a busy day of loading a horse trailer of yard sale donations Nana gave us to put toward our HUGE adoption fundraiser taking place on August 22nd. I drove 90 miles one way to pick up the fist of at least 3 loads. In just a few weeks Nana is moving to Texas so everything she’s not taking with her she has generously donated to us, Thanks Mom! It was my first time to pull a horse trailer so I was a bit nervous but I made it to Othello safe and sound and not so much as an innocent little bird was harmed along the way. I can’t say the same for a few bugs that met the windshield but all in all I did good.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through another friends, and was excited b/c we are adopting from Ethiopia through awaa as well. We just had our last home study meeting a few weeks ago as well, so it looks like we may be on the same time line as you all. I would love to chat sometime. It would be fun to get to know people that are on the same path (and the yahoo group is so huge I am overwhelmed!).
    -Liz Horn www.hornaction.blogspot.com or lizgrayce@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete