Wednesday, August 25, 2010






We did it!!! We published a public goal on Facebook to make $2,000 dollars at our yard sale and we made it!! Just today I sold the last couch and love seat sets and let me say I’m SO happy to see them go!! I have pictures to share but let me fill you in…..

Step One: Craig the kids and I shoveled out the manure and bleached the walls of the horse trailer. I must says this is a proud mommy moment for me! Those kids of mine were awesome and wanted to help, they are just as committed to adopting as Craig and I are. I love that we are doing this as a family.

Step Two: Drive 90 miles one way to fill two trailers FULL of donations from my mom, THANKS MOM!!

Step Three: Get up at 6:30 am to clean out our storage shed and start to fill the trailer again!

Step Four: Room by room clean out our home. Again so touched by my kids generosity giving up some of their most valuable treasures ( most worth nothing but Mommy made sure they fetched a pretty penny at the sale)

Step Five: Un-load the last two trailer loads into my sisters vacant home that is for sale. Thanks Sis! Two bed rooms, a living room, dining room, kitchen, front porch and drive way FULL.

Step Six: LOTS and LOTS of set up . Thank goodness Jill showed up! We priced a few items but most of the sale was by donation.

Step Seven: SELL< SELL>SELL! Thank you Lisa for having my kids over, you are a brave women! They would have been so bored and driven the customers CRAZY! I’m so grateful to you and Kirk.

Now this is when it gets really good….. Time and time again we would have people leave with a car load of items from our sale and return with a car load from their home to donate! It was amazing! To my friend Heidi and her husband Jason, thank you so much for the truck load of donations! All of those goodies fetched a great price. But my favorite was a little old lady who came by 5 or 6 time taking arm loads but paying very little. On one of her last trips she came back to the house with three potted plants, she went into her yard and took clippings from plants, potted them, and brought them to us to sell. What thoughtfulness.

Step Eight: Clean up- for which I could not have done without Craig and my brother Chester, with a BIG thank you going to Matt and Jill for taking my kids to Loon Lake for the week.

Now I know all this sounds so sweet and simple but OH MY GOSH did we have trials!! The house had no water, and Mallory had three days of the backdoors, Craig is in harvest so all of his help came after 11:00 pm at night and almost every night we had items stolen even though I slept there. All I can say is it was WORTH it.

Virginia- thank you for looking after me all weekend trying to feed me or give me a break. You a such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment