Sunday, August 8, 2010

Just this week I was boo-hooing about how long our adoption process has taken so far. You see before our paperwork pregnancy, I was not a patient person. I went to the Lord in prayer and spilled my heart “I have made HUGE progress in this valuable virtue of patience, so could we please, please, please possibly take even just a little baby step toward progress Heavenly Father?” God is SO good! Yesterday I had our final meeting with our social worker to finish up our home study!!! With all the interviews done and the documents turned in, we now PATIENTLY wait to receive our official and final copy!!! YEAH!!! So what’s the first thing I did as I drove away from the meeting??? Well, I gave a prayer of thanks to my Father in Heaven and then called my girlfriend Jill. I know what you’re thinking….I wanted to call my husband, Craig, but it is harvest time here in the rolling hills of the Palouse and he tends to have zip zilch and zero cell coverage when in the field and I was bubbling over with excitement and really wanted to talk to a person and not Craig’s voicemail.

Now when you’re excited Jill is always the girl to call because not only will she join in and catch up to your excitement level she can usually top you and I LOVE this about her. Let me tell you Jill didn’t fail me yesterday. She gave me a solid 20 seconds or so to be on top of the world about finishing our home study before she broke in with the news that gave me the boost to jump over the moon!!! No Longer Orphans was officially up, running and online!!!!

It is amazing to sit back and watch the dream God has for a person unfold before
your very eyes. No Longer Orphans is the direct result of Matt and Jill spending a lifetime choosing to listen to the Lord and because of their faithfulness he planted a thought into their hearts: “Establish a non-profit organization that will choose and sponsor a family through the adoption process”. Always faithful as they have been in the past, they took that thought and the Lord’s guidance and created a plan of action.

As Craig and I entered this adoption process, we did it on faith alone. We have been blessed many times with the support of family and friends; from the kind words of encouragement to the financial help of meeting the overwhelming costs. We have been walking down a long black tunnel with faith guiding us completely, believing that when the Lord was ready he would provide. As we have been making our way through this tunnel we have prayed, and when we pray we always get the same answer….”Keep walking forward, and you will see Me shine in all My glory for you are not alone”.

Craig and I can’t even begin to describe the honor, and love that we feel to have been chosen as the first family supported by No Longer Orphans. We see the light, the tunnel is no longer black because of this beacon of hope and let me tell you, every single step in the darkness has been worth it. We are excited to share with anyone who will listen the amazing adventure this process has been and want you to join us in the journey as we make our way to Ethiopia with the guidance of the Lord, love of friends and family and the support of No Longer Orphans. Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment